Tuesday, May 26, 2009
2. All the while, I was weeding my flower bed. It was in desperate need. I found two caterpillars! We also have a LOT of doodlebugs (or, as some of you call them, roly polies.) Are those good or bad for flower beds?
3. On Saturday night, Sean and I made an appearance at our friend Ben's suprise birthday party in Paris. We got to hang out with some friends we hadn't seen in a while and have some drinks. We had a good time, but we had to leave early to get the kids home at a decent time. (Don't worry, they were not with us. We had babysitters.)
4. On Sunday, we went to the Scarborough Fair (finally.) We had so much fun! I love going there. There are so many people that work there dressed up in costumes, and they call you Sir and Me Lady. We met a troll named Noobler who sang us some songs while a Leprechaun played the flute. We also watched a very impressive fairy that was incredibly pretty. She played her own little flutes and handed out fairy stones. They have all kinds of little shops that you can buy things at. Zane got a wooden sword and shield, and I got some home-made soaps. We checked out a dog show that made Zane laugh so hard, and we saw a guy throwing knives. I didn't take the camera because I didn't want to chance it getting wet from the rain. It did end up raining, but we would have been able to take the camera with no problems. It's too bad, because we would have gotten some really cool photos.
5. About a month ago, I purchased a strawberry growing kit at the Dollar General down the street. Zane and I put in the soil and planted the seeds together and placed them on the kitchen window sill. I have remembered to water them when needed (this is very easy for me to do, because I look right at the pail when I am washing the dishes) and I have not neglected them in any way, yet they have not started growing. This is disappointing because I was looking forward to watching them grow. I can't figure out if I am at fault or if they just weren't good seeds. I have not given up on them yet.
6. I have already started mentally preparing myself for our trip to Colorado. I am growing more and more excited each day. Now, as many of you may know, I don't like long road trips in the car. I get restless and it is difficult for me to sleep, which really does need to happen, because it is an overnight trip and we take turns driving. Although, I am not comfortable in the car for long periods, these trips are kind of becoming a family tradition that I am very fond of. We stop at the same stops and get to see all of the beautiful scenery together. I am expecting it to be a little harder this year because Addison is older and more demanding, but I am sure we will manage. The only thing I hope is different from last year, is a bigger car. It makes it worse if we are all cramped in our little Honda, and I hope we can afford to take a roomier vehicle.
8. My little puppy, Bella, is not so little anymore. She loves to bark and chase people down outside when we take her to use the bathroom. She is very good with the kids, mainly Addison, but she likes to bark at Zane because he is usually very rowdy with her....she goes into instant play mode when he is around. Here is an updated picture:
9. This Spring, we had some Barn Swallows build a nest on our front porch. When we moved in Sean knocked down the old one that they had there, and they returned and built a new one. I was looking forward to seeing their cute little babies, but it looks like they have abandoned their nest. My best guess would be because every time we opened the door, they got scared and flew away, and I'm sure they wanted a nest somewhere that was more comfortable for them.
10. Earlier, in #4, I mentioned that I bought some home made soaps at the Scarborough Fair. I got one mint and one lavender, and they smell wonderful. I've always wanted to make soap to sell, but I have never tried. I would really like to learn to make it, but I am afraid it would take up too much room in my kitchen and would make a huge mess. I am also wary about the amount of time and money I would need to invest in such a venture. Maybe I will make the leap, and try it out, but I know myself pretty well, and I know that this is just another thing that will probably be put on the back burner and left there for a good while.
Monday, May 18, 2009
1. Zane's 6th birthday was this past Thursday, and we had his party on Sunday. He requested a Ben 10 party and, wouldn't you know, there was only one store in the entire Dallas area that had Ben 10 supplies. He has grown so much since I first met him, and I am so proud of the person he is becoming. He has had some behavioral issues, but (knock on wood) he is doing so much better now. He is a sweet and loving little boy, and I am SO glad that he is in my life.
2. Addison is growing super fast and I am having trouble keeping up. Her independent side has started, and she wants to do many things by herself. She has recently started saying "chop chop", and it is so cute!
3. I had a wonderful Mother's Day! Zane made me a calendar with his picture on it, which is now hanging up behind the computer I am currently using at work. Addison made me a scrapbook sheet with her hand print and a poem on it. My dear husband bought me some beautiful orchids that I am trying my best to keep healthy, but I am not doing so well at it. And, my Mom made me a photo collage and got me a little birdie to sit in my new flower bed. My whole family got together at my Mom's house, and we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and we had a great time!
4. I recently accompanied Zane on his first field trip. We went to Petco and learned about the pets that they have. We got to feel how soft a chinchilla's fur was and we also got to pet a snake! The picture is of our tour guide, Barbara, showing us a beautiful baby bird (that I wanted to take home). I took it with my phone, so, quality is not great.5. This past Saturday, we had plans to go to the Scarborough Fair in Waxahachie after getting Zane's birthday supplies in Dallas. It was raining really hard, so we decided to go to the Dallas World Aquarium instead. We had a blast! Although we have been there before, it is always a treat to go see all the different animals. We even saw a woman diving in the aquarium with the manatees and the sharks being fed!
6. On the day of Zane's party my best friend Shawnee came to visit us. We went and had dinner together at a burger place called MG's, and then went home to hang out for a bit. We went down to the gas station to get some beer, and Shawnee spied a Mexican strawberry flavored beer. She decided to buy some to sample it. The beer claimed to be stronger than tequila and to shake it well. Needless to say, we were a little wary of shaking a beer well. This is Shawnee with her "Am I really supposed to be shaking this?" look. Also, she is not wearing a nightie, it is a dress.
7. Relay for Life is in 11 days, and I am having trouble getting donations. Nobody wants to donate because money is tight these days, which I can totally understand. If you or anybody you know would like to donate a little to my team, please go to www.rflfannin.com, click on donate, and you can search for me by name or team name. The name of our team is KingPins.
8. Sean just bought us tickets to go see Dane Cook on June 19th! We didn't buy the cheapest ones, but we didn't buy the most expensive ones either. I am totally excited, and I have been unable to think about much else.
9. My dad lives on a large tract of land in the country with a pond that has fishies in it, blackberry bushes, and a Great Dane named Gina. The kids like to ride on his golf cart and play around outside. He recently bought some chickens and he is going to sell fresh eggs once they start laying them. They have been given assorted names, such as, Paula Deen and The Dixie Chicks. Let us not forget Miss Reba. They have gotten big, and I look forward to those farm-fresh eggs!
10. I went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago and got two fillings in my teef. I have to go back next month to get two more (Sean and I haven't been to the dentist in years, so there is a lot of work to be done) which I'm not looking forward to. I don't like half of my mouth being dead. I really hate that feeling. Here's a picture of my crooked smile:
I hear someone say, “It’s going up.”
The woman waiting for the elevator then says, “Oh, it’s going up? I want to go down.”
Then a veteran behind her states, “Yeah. I want to go down.”
The elevator doors slowly close and I quietly say to myself, “that’s what she said.”