Friday, April 24, 2009

Diet Update

So, I started this Sacred Heart Medical Diet on Monday. I knew it was going to be tough, but I'm slowly working my way through it. I foolishly forgot to weigh myself before I started, so I'm not going to be able to give you a total weight loss report, but, oh well.



Day 1: I was able to eat all the soup and fruits I wanted. This was an easy day because I love me some fruit. I had honeydew, cantaloupe, grapes, and grapefruit. The soup was pretty good for vegetable soup....it would have been better with some ground beef, but still good, nonetheless.



Day 2: I was able to eat soup and veggies today. Not as good as yesterday, but still doable. I had baby carrots for breakfast and throughout the day. I bought a mixed vegetable steamer bag to have with my soup at lunch, and also had one with my soup at dinner. Really missing my meat.



Day 3: Soup, fruit, and veggies this day! I was so glad to have my fruit back! I had everything I had on Day 1, plus some blackberries and pineapple. This diet is getting harder and harder. I'm finding it more difficult to make my family dinner at night, because I want to be able to eat some of it so bad. I stole a small bit of Addison's ground beef.....I'm not happy about it. Getting sick of that soup. I weighed myself at work this day, and will weigh again Day 4.



Day 4: I had an OK day today. I was able to have soup, bananas, and all the skim milk I could drink. I like bananas, but I'm not a big milk drinker. In fact, I don't think I've ever had any skim milk before this day. I had a banana for breakfast, and soup and a banana for lunch. I brought a thermos full of skim milk to work and drank on it all day (not bad, I might add). For dinner I had soup and a banana. I am starting to wonder if maybe you are supposed to become so sick of the soup that you would rather go hungry than eat it. Is that the whole point of this diet? I seems it could be so. I had put some milk and banana slices in the freezer after work and made an after dinner smoothie with it. It was awesome! I have lost 2 lbs since yesterday!





So far this diet has been very difficult, and it is only going to get more so. I have a challenge ahead of me on Saturday. We are going to Germanfest in Muenster, so it's going to be hard not to cheat. Luckily for me, that is the day I can have all the beef and veggies I want, so I will be able to eat some of the food there. I will post another update later today detailing Day 5....I will go ahead and let you know that I have lost another 2 1/2 1bs since yesterday!

No comments: